The Main House was originally built as a summer house in a Victorian
style which matched the carriage house, carriage barn and ice house. The house was moved to its present location in 1901.
In 1910-1911, electricity and indoor plumbing were added to the house. From 1924-1927, the house was extensively remodeled for year round
living and was turned into the present Colonial Revival style. There are thirty one rooms which include eleven
bedrooms and five bathrooms.