1911 Milk House
From 1911 to the 1930s the milk from the cows was immediately brought to this building. Built for a contracted
price of $600, the two room building has a straining room and milk cooling room. The straining room was used to ensure that the milk was
clean and that it had no dirt in it from the milking process. In the milk cooling room, cans of milk were kept in the troughs which were
filled with ice from the icehouse. The troughts chilled the cans of milk before they were sent off to market. From the 1930s onward,
it was used as the farm supervisorís office.